Voting Now Open for New Executive Committee Members
Aug 17, 2022
Elections are now open to select new members for the a2ru Executive Committee, which advises a2ru staff on programming, governance, research agenda, fundraising, and other strategic initiatives. All individual members and those affiliated with our institutional or departmental members may vote.
Up to six seats on the executive committee are available in this election, and members may vote for as many candidates as they like. To earn a seat on the executive committee, a candidate must receive votes from the majority of those participating in the election. Voting will close on August 31 and new Executive Committee members will begin their three-year terms on September 1.
This year’s nominees are:
- Dan Cavanagh, Interim Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Professor of Music, University of Texas at Arlington
- Lisa DuRussel, Assistant Professor of Practice, University of Michigan School for Environment + Sustainability (SEAS)
- José Manuel Izquierdo König, Associate Professor of Music and Director of Research and Postgraduate Studies, Faculty of Arts, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Susan Lakin, Professor, School of Photographic Arts and Sciences, and Director, Frameless Labs, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Chris Walker, Director, Division of the Arts, University of Wisconsin-Madison
To learn more about each candidate and to vote, please visit our elections page.