a2ru Student Travel Grants
July 25, 2021
a2ru is pleased to offer Student Travel Grants. These grants are open to undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral students who are currently enrolled at a member institution.
This award is meant to defray some of the expenses associated with travel and lodging, as well as facilitate an applicant’s ability to present or perform their research or practice in integrative fields in the arts at the a2ru national conference and Emerging Creatives Student Summit. If the event requires a registration fee, recipients of the Student Travel Grant will receive a fee waiver.
Guidelines and Deadlines:
- Award funds are limited to $250 USD.
- The grant can be used for travel to the annual a2ru conference, the Emerging Creatives Student Summit, or any other a2ru event or workshop.
- A student may only receive one a2ru award, scholar or travel, per academic calendar year (e.g., if you receive a travel grant for the 2022 annual conference, you cannot apply for a travel grant or a scholar award to attend the 2023 Emerging Creatives Student Summit).
- While the above outlines the maximum amount of awards each member school is allowed, it does not guarantee that each partner school will receive this amount. Funds are limited and awards will be granted based on an application’s merit, its completeness, and when it is submitted.
- Deadlines for grant applications will be announced in conjunction with individual a2ru events.
- All recipients of Student Travel Grants are required to provide a written summary about the event they have attended for us to post on our website. Specific details will be provided in their award letter.
Applications will require the following components to submit: (Please do not include your name or institution in the following. Doing so will disqualify your application.)
- Bio (100 words max.)
- Personal statement (500 words max.) addressing the following:
- What draws you to attend this particular a2ru event?
Have questions? Contact a2ru Conference Director Charisse Willis at email@example.com with the subject line: “Student Travel Grant Application Year Event” (e.g., Student Travel Grant Application 2023 Emerging Creatives).