a2ru Student Travel Grants
July 25, 2021
a2ru is pleased to offer Student Travel Grants. These grants are open to undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral students who are currently enrolled at member institutions.
This award is meant to defray some of the expenses associated with travel and lodging, as well as facilitate an applicant’s ability to present or perform their research or practice in integrative fields in the arts at the a2ru national conference and Emerging Creatives Student Summit. If the event requires a registration fee, recipients of the Student Travel Grant will receive a fee waiver.
Special Note for a2ru 2021 National Conference: The 2021 National Conference will be held online. As such, we will not be awarding traditional travel grants. Students may apply for registration waivers. All other guidelines and deadlines still apply.
Guidelines and Deadlines:
- Award funds range from $100-250 USD, depending on your institution’s membership level. Please reach out to your a2ru contact to determine which amount you qualify for.
- The grant can be used for travel to the annual a2ru conference, the Emerging Creatives Student Summit, or any other a2ru event or workshop.
- A student may only receive one a2ru award, scholar or travel, per academic calendar year (e.g., if you receive a travel grant for the 2020 annual conference, you cannot apply for a travel grant or a scholar award to attend the 2021 Emerging Creatives Student Summit).
- While the above outlines the maximum amount of awards each member school is allowed, it does not guarantee that each member school will receive this amount. Funds are limited and awards will be granted based on an application’s merit, its completeness, and when it is submitted.
- Applicants may apply for awards for the annual conference from the time registration opens until October 13, 2021.
- Applicants may apply for awards for the Student Summit from the time registration opens, until 1 month before the event.
- All recipients of Student Travel Grants are required to provide a written summary about the event they have attended for us to post on our website. Specific details will be provided in their award letter.
Applications will require the following components to submit:
- Bio (200 words max.)
- Personal statement (500 words max.) addressing the following:
- What draws you to attend this particular a2ru event?
Awardees will be notified of grant decisions within two weeks of the application deadline. If you have questions about the grant, or the application process, please contact Charisse Willis, a2ru Conference Director.