Creative Placemaking, Funding
September 28, 2018
The Kresge Foundation supports established Creative Placemaking practitioners that work in disinvested communities and seek to improve the bedrock conditions of low income people. The foundation welcomes proposals from organizations that:
- Infuse creativity (arts, culture and community-engaged design) into comprehensive community development and urban planning practices.
- Build on a community’s assets and distinctive attributes, recognizing and highlighting narratives of place.
- Are cross-sector and cross-disciplinary – collaborations of multiple partners from different sectors (public/private) and disciplines (arts, health, environment, human services).
- Take root in economically distressed communities and ensures that residents with low incomes contribute to, engage in, benefit from, and are empowered by activities.
Supporting the vibrancy of the arts
- National grantmaking program
- Awards in past 2 years ranging from $27,000 to $3,000,000
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis