Multimedia/Communications Coordinator , Michigan Medicine Gifts of Art
Michigan Medicine’s Gifts of Art program is seeking a .75 position (30 hrs/wk) communications/events coordinator to join our dynamic arts in healthcare team. We are seeking a highly skilled communications professional with web design expertise and graphic design abilities. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of departmental communications, marketing and media; coordinate a performing arts series in the musical arts; and be responsible for the production of supporting materials for Gifts of Art’s hospital arts programs.
What You’ll Do
Basic Functions and Responsibilities
Design, production and coordination of print and digital communications for Gifts of Art programs which include: Bedside Art, Beside Music, Bedside Story Studio, Art Cart, Exhibition Program, Performing Arts Program, and the Life Sciences Orchestra (LSO).
- Write, edit, and design marketing and publicity materials for Gifts of Art
- Coordinate photographers for materials related to all programs
- Coordinate with media outlets and staff on features for print, digital, radio, and TV
- Write, design, and manage website
- Design and layout of in-house produced arts materials and products
- Manage and produce content and graphics for social media platforms
- Maintain public relations data bases
- Interface with printers for all printed materials
- Write and distribute press releases
- Manage HIPAA related issues with exhibiting artists, legal team, patients, visitors, and media
- Coordinate an in-house performing arts series
Who We Are
Gifts of Art is one of the first and most comprehensive arts in healthcare programs in the country. A recognized pioneer in the field, we bring the world of the arts to Michigan Medicine patients, guests, faculty, staff, and learners with the intention of transforming the healthcare experience, supporting the healing process and enhancing the health and wellbeing of all we serve.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Minimum two year working in marketing communications
- A portfolio of web materials, communication documents, press releases, marketing and publicity materials.
- Samples of graphic design or production design work
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, cloud services, Microsoft office, Adobe Creative Suite, Drupal, and WordPress
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Solid graphic design skills
- Advanced technology skills with advanced proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Drupal 9
- Experience as an arts coordinator and presenter
- Knowledge of SE Michigan presenting and exhibiting arts resources
- Experience working in a hospital or healthcare organization
- Knowledge of the emotional, cultural, and ethical issues related to patient care in hospitals
- Experience in livestreaming
- Experience in basic photography
Part time position is 30 hours weekly. The actual work schedule to be determined. Also note: Part time appointment level is 75% and the annual salary is calculated on that basis.
This position may be eligible for remote and/or flexible work opportunities at the discretion of the hiring department. Flexible work agreements are reviewed annually and are subject to change dependent on the business needs of the hiring department, throughout the course of employment.
All applications for this position must be received by April 15, 2023.