Director of Doctoral Programs (Associate Professor/Professor), North Carolina State University
Director of Doctoral Programs, Associate Professor/Professor
North Carolina State University
The College of Design at NC State University seeks an outstanding, visionary Director of Doctoral Programs— including both the PhD in Design and the Doctor of Design (DDes) programs. The next Director of Doctoral Programs in Design will help the College lead the nation in transdisciplinary and applied design research.
The Director of Doctoral Programs reports to the Associate Dean of Research, Doctoral Programs and Global Engagement, and engages with other unit Heads. Together with program administration and other College and University services, the Director is expected to contribute significantly to doctoral-level teaching and advising (6 SCH minimum), with a focus on applied and/or interdisciplinary design research. The position is a twelve-month tenured position at the rank of associate or full professor (full professor preferred). The successful candidate will be offered a tenure home in one of the College’s four academic units. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and rank; the projected start date for this position is July 1, 2024.
- Curriculum planning/scheduling
- Staffing plans and forecasts for instructor hires
- HR/supervision of permanent staff
- Conduct of program assessments (internal and external)
- Management of recruiting and admissions processes
- Coordination of programming (e.g. doctoral orientation programs; DDes immersion workshops and activities; public-facing events such as lectures, symposia, etc.)
- Guide communications and web presence
- Monitor online platforms and other technology needs
- Budget planning and management
- Liaison to other College administrators
- Other general service duties to the College and Campus if and as needed
To view the job posting and to apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4996650
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process are welcome to contact 919-515-3148 to speak with a representative at the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity.