2013 a2ru Research Symposium
Interdisciplinary Collaborations among Arts and Sciences:
Transforming Research and Informing Innovation in Research Universities
Penn State University, State College, Pennsylvania
The primary purpose of this research symposium is to promote research exploring new ways to evaluate, construct, and advance high-impact creative work, research, and teaching involving arts and design practice and other disciplines.
The 2013 research symposium is designed to accomplish the following specific outcomes:
- 1) Clarify research questions raised by integrated research, creative work, and teaching.
- 2) Enhance communications and problem-solving across partner universities about our shared work.
- 3) Expand interdisciplinary ownership of national initiative at partner institutions.
a2ru thanks the following leaders of founding partner Penn State University for the generous support that has made this research symposium possible:
- Office of the Dean of the College of Arts and Architecture, Barbara O. Korner
- Office of the Vice President for Research and Graduate Dean, Henry C. “Hank” Foley
- Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost, Robert N. Pangborn