Collaborative Arts Research Initiative
Interdisciplinary, Transdisciplinary Collaboration
July 30, 2018
The Collaborative Arts Research Initiative (CARI) is an interdisciplinary, arts-focused research engine driven by the interests of faculty from across the University. By facilitating collaborations across disciplines, CARI maximizes the impact of faculty arts research, while enriching the University, local, and regional communities.
An artistic research agenda, like those in the sciences and humanities, benefits from sustained development over time. To create these conditions, The Collaborative Arts Research Initiative seeks to:
- Expand and inform the research methods of investigators in diverse fields by supporting interdisciplinary/ transdisciplinary collaborative relationships.
- Raise the profile of the University of Alabama through dissemination of arts research output locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Enhance outside funding potential by generating research involving multiple disciplines.
- Provide consistent seed funding, creative lab space, technology, and equipment to support all stages of research development and to facilitate faculty interaction.
- Strengthen recruitment and retention of faculty and graduate students through opportunities for interdisciplinary engagement.