Project Manager (Temporary): Hopkins Center for the Arts at Dartmouth College
About the Hop
The Hop is a hub of performing arts and film for Dartmouth and its region, a laboratory for creative exploration, and an instigator of connections between various arts, the Dartmouth curriculum and the wider community. The Hop brings together visiting artists, resident artists, student ensembles and academic departments to produce or present work that represents diverse voices and artistic forms and speaks to important issues. It brings world-class artists to the region, presents timeless works, and incubates new performances.
As the Hop embarks on a multiyear expansion and redesign of their facility at Dartmouth College, the Hop seeks a qualified and experienced Project Manager to coordinate the shift of programs into alternative spaces including research for the implementation of temporary facilities like specialty tents or temporary venues such as Spiegeltents in the region. Expected duration of this role is approximately six to nine months.
As a Project Manager, the successful candidate will oversee and identify program development and related necessary swing space locations for programming from September 2022 – August 2024. Development and implementation of planning will be artist-centered with a commitment to community and service. Work will require the highest degree of integrity, transparency and resourcefulness; supporting various constituents and diverse communities and artists with which we work.
Opportunities and Responsibilities
● Prepare and present project proposals, presentations, and visual aids;
● Create project goals and negotiate contracts and fees;
● Prepare for implementation of projects;
● Provide structure and confidence to the team and client by communicating project objectives, contract scope, terms, and schedules;
● Consideration of potential venues and space with respect to inclusion and accessibility;
● Track and propose the financial structure of projects;
● Evaluate staff and sub-contractor performance providing support and guidance for improvement;
● Prepare written and data reports for internal operations; and
● Work collaboratively with the Hop team to develop strategy and support implementation of business goals.
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships through expert level written and verbal communications;
● Exceptional organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail;
● An aptitude for leadership and the ability to guide a project from concept through to implementation;
● An innovative, creative, and resourceful approach to every project; and
● Knowledge of the Upper Valley
● Been employed as a Project Manager, or in a similar position, for at least two years;
● A strong background and knowledge base in performing arts and technical events landscape;
● Extensive experience giving oral presentations;
● Hands-on experience researching and creating documents, reports, and presentations across Adobe, Microsoft, and Macintosh software; .
● The ability to read and interpret technical drawings and architectural plans; and
● An affinity for organization and experience maintaining project files across various file types including text, image, video, and CAD files.
Travel (in and out of state)
This role is project oriented, temporary and fee based.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org