Assistant Professor in Motion Design, Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT)
The College of Art and Design at the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) invites individuals to apply for a tenure-track position to teach in the School of Design. We are seeking candidates with an expertise in motion design who are well-rounded visual designers. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to provide leadership and vision in integrating motion design into the Graphic Design, New Media Design and Visual Communication Design curriculums. Candidates should be qualified to teach throughout the curriculum. Expectations include teaching undergraduate and/or graduate studio and lecture courses; teaching a full load each term; participating in innovative teaching and curriculum development; rendering service to the school, college, university, and community; career advising and mentoring students; and participating in professional organizations important to the field of design.
We are seeking an individual to live our values, embrace diverse perspectives, and nurture the RIT community to remain a great place to work for all; who has the ability and interest in leading and contributing to a community committed to student-centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. Select to view links to RIT’s core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
The College of Art and Design and School of Design are at the nexus of RIT’s focus on Technology, the Arts, and Design (T/A\D). RIT is in a distinctive position with demonstrated strengths in areas of technology, health sciences, entrepreneurism, sustainability, the humanities, and, where arts, the crafts, and design collide with these dynamic capacities.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- MFA in Graphic Design, New Media, Visual Communications, Animation or a terminal degree in a related field of study
- Professional experience in motion design
- Teaching experience in motion design and/or a related design field
- Demonstrated expertise in motion design
- Demonstrated experience in any of the following areas of design: typography, graphic design, 3D design, narrative storytelling or interactive design
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the College’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences
To receive full consideration, all application materials should be received by January 15, 2023. The search will remain open until an acceptable candidate is found. Appointment to begin August 16, 2023.