2014 a2ru Emerging Creatives Student Conference @ Stanford
Thursday, January 30 – Saturday, February 1, 2014
The a2ru Emerging Creatives Student Conference served students of all disciplines with an interest in crossing creative boundaries and actualizing collaborative projects. As a convocation of students from a2ru partner universities across the country, the conference focused on providing the inspiration and tools needed to help this group of emerging creatives develop, execute, and sustain new interdisciplinary collaborative endeavors. The conference was extraordinarily successful. As a result, interest in future yearly student conferences hosted at a2ru partner universities is currently under consideration.
- Developed a national network of interdisciplinary colleagues and future collaborators.
- Heard from scholars and entrepreneurs about ongoing research, successful projects, and lessons learned related to interdisciplinary collaborative work.
- Learned how strategies related to design thinking, communication, and dealing with failure can push ideas and projects forward.
- Download the Conference Program
- Download the Emerging Creatives Conference Report by Dr. Anthony J. Kolenic
- Explore the Student Projects
- Read the panel presentation transcript for A Conversation on Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Watch a video clip from the d.school Design Thinking Bootcamp with Bill Burnett, Executive Director of the Design Program at Stanford University
- Ivica Ico Bukvic, Composer and Intermedia Sculptor, Virginia Tech
- Leila Kinney, Executive Director for Arts Initiatives at MIT, including the Center for Arts, Science & Technology (CAST)
- Bruce Lindsey, Dean for College of Architecture/Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Design at Washington University in St. Louis
- Elaine Martyn, Vice President of Development, Global Fund for Women
- Tirin Moore, Neurobiologist & Bio-X faculty member at Stanford University
- Bill Sherman, Founding Director of OpenGrounds and Associate Vice President for Research at UVA
- Srinija Srinivasan, Co-Founder of The Loove in Brooklyn and former Vice President, Editor in Chief at Yahoo! Inc.
This conference was generously supported by The Stanford Arts Institute and the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford.